Vitex (chasteberry) tincture recipe  

Posted by HerbalJournal in

Stimulate menstrual flow, reduce PMS symptoms, regulate ovulation, menopausal symptoms, restore hormonal imbalances, and many more benefits for women's reproductive health.
Stimulates the pituitary gland to produce more luteinizing hormone (LH). The increase in LH tells the ovaries to produce more of the hormone progesterone.

You will need:
1 qt 100 proof vodka
1/4 cup vitex berries (fresh or dried)
A large glass jar with a lid

Remedy Recipe:
1. Add vitex berries (also known as chaste berries) to large jar.
2. Pour vodka over berries.
3. Cap the bottle tightly.
4. Store in a cool dark place for 6 weeks and shake daily.
5. After 6 weeks, strain, Bottle, and use. (Store extra jars store in cool dark place and they will keep for about 1 year.

Average dosage instructions are 60 drops under the tongue, 3 times a day.
You should see results in 3 months but can take up to 12 months.
Do not use vitex tincture for more than 18 months.

Personal Note:
I have made and used this tincture, following this recipe. Well, I took it once a day instead of 3. It tasted too HORRIBLE for me to take it 3 times a day, but it did work for me. It worked after just 45 days to stimulate my menstrual cycle, after not having a period for over 1 year.

While I'm not sure if this is related to taking vitex, I wanted to note that for the first few periods while still taking this tincture I suffered very bad cramps every day of the period. They lasted most of day, going away for short periods of time. Just a word of warning to those who may try this.

Also, taking the vitex tincture under your tongue is recommended as I have mention. I did follow this but the tincture burned the under side of my tongue too much. Towards the end of taking it I stopped putting in under my tongue and just dropped the 60 drops into a small medicine cup and swallowed. It still worked for me so I want to say taking it under the tongue is unnecessary but I don't know for sure.

As an optional, untested thought I would suggest mixing the tincture with a little bit of honey to make it easier to swallow.

This entry was posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 11:56 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

For Educational Purposes Only

This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Contact to a health care provider before taking any remedies to discuss possible allergic reactions or side effects. Please exercise caution when using herbal remedies. Effects vary per individual. Please see our Privacy Policy HERE.